This Is Your Winter 2017 Palm Springs Real Estate Market Update
Every now and then we like to bring you a Palm Springs Real Estate Market Update just to fill you in on what’s happening around our fun city. Palm Springs, known for it’s warm winter sun and lots of outdoor and indoor activities, is as the city says: “Like No Other”.
So here is what you need to know:
- Palm Springs has been busy doing a lot of infrastructure work. Paving roads, installing 18 miles of new bike lanes, upgrading parks, adding crosswalks, and so much more.
- The Downtown Project is moving along with steel going up on 3 more buildings. The West Elm Building next to the Hyatt is open and West Elm is doing very well. Next to go in is Blaze Pizza and others being negotiated as we speak.
- Our housing market is moving along with some great deals for buyers as prices have softened a bit. We lack the Canadian buyer market as their dollar continues to languish which keeps demand lower. Add to that lower than normal inventory of available homes and it helps sellers which is a dichotomy of sorts because it’s an odd market that is good for both buyers and sellers.
In Other News…
- Events- we have so many great events and in some cases, they are year round. Coming up is Modernism in mid-February, we just completed the International Film Festival and yet to come is Coachella. Add to those, dozens and dozens of other events all over the valley. See the Calendar Here
- ONE-PS, the city sponsored neighborhood program has become a huge success. It is a conduit between the city staff and the neighborhoods that allows for communications and problem solving. ALso, the city assigns officers from PSPD to each and every neighborhood. See more details HERE. And HERE
And that isn’t all. Please call me at 760-660-0010 of you have questions or would like more information.