What’s on the horizon for Palm Springs? Can you say Renaissance?
Here is the Palm Springs CA 2015 Outlook on Business and Real Estate in our desert.
I’m often asked about the outlook on business and real estate here in Palm Springs. And as many of you know I keep my ear tuned to what’s happening around the desert, especially in Palm Springs because I live here and have done so for the past 10 years. The news is this place is just happening in so many ways from bustling business, to new construction to a fully recovered Real Estate market.
If you follow us on Facebook, you can see a great deal of activity everywhere. I moderate 2 Facebook Groups and 2 Facebook Pages. Three out of those four are not about real estate however they do reflect the chatter about town. If you’d like to join, let me know and I’ll make sure you get in on the 411. They are:
- Palm Springs Neighborhoods Group;
- Palm Springs Eating and Living;
- 52 Weeks Of Things To Do in Palm Springs and
- Ron and Vic’s Desert Real Estate
I’ve listed below some indicators of what’s happening as reported by our Mayor last week. Evidence is everywhere you turn. As I ride my bike around town, people are fixing up their homes, replacing lawn with desert-scape, condos, town homes and homes are rising, hotels are being built and jobs are being created. What a vast change from only 5 years ago.
This past week, I attended the State Of The City event at the Convention Center.
Over 400 interested citizens were there with me as we looked at out progress of last year
and then looked forward to the good things on the horizon.
So here are the highlights of what I heard:
- The economy couldn’t be better.
- Tax revenues up
- airport arrivals up
- hotel room nights
- business activity is off the charts
- The new downtown project will begin to see things go vertical very soon. And the Kimpton will be open by October, 2016. How very exciting.
- Most of the subterranean work for the entire parcel is about done.
- The first tenant to announce their lease is West Elm. What a great addition this will be to shopping in Palm Springs and an indicator of what’s to come.
- The new Trolley is a HUGE Success with 35,000 riders so far. (2/20)
- And here is a link to the ROUTE MAP
- Lots of new bike lanes coming and more street resurfacing than ever.
- New construction in other areas is off the charts. New businesses, hotels and restaurants abound.
So what does this have to so with Real Estate you ask? Everything!! Our housing market is strong. We have a lot of inventory to choose from including homes that are ready for renovation. So give us a call and see what we have for you!
Call 760-413-2871 Anytime!